With a little help, you can still live large in a small space!If you live in a small space, it’s important that you don’t feel boxed in. The following tips will help transform your cramped quarters into something more expansive:
- Shady Solutions - Painting walls a soft shade and the ceiling bright white will give the illusion of added height.
- Is That a Door In Your Pocket? - Installing pocket doors is an easy and inexpensive way to create lots of extra useable space.
- Lighten Up - Keep window areas clear of heavy drapes to expand wall area and let the sun shine in as it helps a space feel larger.
- Mirror Mirror - Strategically placed mirrors will create the illusion of added space and they’ll also reflect light into adjoining rooms.
- Cut a Rug - Having the same type of flooring throughout your home will make it feel more spacious so avoid using too many area rugs.
- Hide & Seek - Maximize every hidden space you have by using shelving pockets behind doors or bed risers for that all important under the bed storage.
- Cut the Clutter - Have a place for everything so that the surfaces in your home don’t get cluttered. Storage baskets for example are great for hiding remotes & magazines.
- Open Up - Arrange your furniture so you can see as much of the floor as possible. Rooms with blocked views can feel cramped so move furniture away from entrances.